Filing to any other folder is, fortunately, not much more laborious or even difficult. You don't have to employ the mouse, and you don't have to scan a long list of folders either.
File Mail with Speed, Comfort and Keyboard in MailMate
To move a message to any folder swiftly in MailMate:
- Highlight or open the message (or messages) you want to move.
- Press Command-Alt-T.
- You can also select Message | Move to Mailbox… from the menu.
- Highlight the destination folder in the Move to Mailbox window.
- You can use the down and up keys to navigate the list.
- To narrow the select or jump directly to the desired folder, type one or more characters from its name.
(You need not start with the folder name's beginning letter; typing "ch" will find a folder named "Archive".)
- Press Enter.