12/06/99 - What to do when
Receiving a Uu-encoded File via Email
What to do with an uu-encoded file in your mail: How to put the pieces together, how to decode the file.
- Uu-encode a Large File and Send it in Parts
Using uu-encoding, you can send a huge binary file in small pieces via email.
- Subject-only Emails for Speedy Messaging
How can we make email even faster? Maybe sending subject-only emails works. Give me a sign.
- How to Use PGP with any Windows Email Client
PGP can be used easily to encrypt, decrypt, and sign email messages with any email client on Windows.
- Spy System 'Spammed'
Echelon, big brother's system monitoring your every email, has been jammed with emails containing keywords.
10/11/99 - How to Use Cc and Bcc
You can send an email message to more than one person easily. Find out how to do it.
- Use Netscape Messenger More Efficiently with Shortcuts
If you know the right keyboard shortcuts you can deal with your mail and with Netscape Messenger faster and easier than your mouse can.
- (More) Secure Hotmail Alternatives: ZipLip.com
ZipLip.com allows you to send encrypted and password protected messages via a Web browser.
- (More) Secure Hotmail Alternatives: HushMail
HushMail provides strongly encrypted email accounts: for free, via the Web.
- KDE and Gnome Email Clients (6) K Mail and PGP
Email is dangerously insecure. PGP helps keep your messages private; and K Mail helps you with using PGP. Find out how easy it is to secure your email.
- KDE and Gnome Email Clients (5) Using K Mail
Find out how easy it is to use a Linux GUI email client (and what it should look like if you do).
- KDE and Gnome Email Clients (4) Configuring K Mail
The settings of K Mail, step by step, screen shot by screen shot.
- Spam-Free Email at Last?
Find out how Message To wants to make the Internaut's dream of email free of unsolicited messages come true.
07/12/99 - The mailto: Tag (6)
- How to Construct Mailto: URLs in a Foolproof Way
- The mailto: Tag (4)
What parts of a mailto URL do current browsers understand? And an example what we can do with it.
- The mailto: Tag (3)
Can I specify arbitrary header lines or even the message body in a mailto URL?
- Father's Day Greeting Cards
I have surfed the Net to find the sweetest and the funniest -- the best greeting cards for Father's Day.
- Defining a Default Subject in Mailto Links
With the mailto: HTML tag you can provide visitors to your site with a way to contact you. Find out how to define a default Subject: line that will automatically appear when somebody clicks the link.
- Make it Easy for Web Site Visitors to Email You
Find out how to use the mailto: HTML tag to get feedback from your web site via email.
- Add Signatures to Your Messages (Eudora Pro)
Learn step by step how to make Eudora Pro (4) add a signature to every message you write.
- 5 Funny Things to Do with Email
Discover five nice, funny and easy ways to make "use" of your email account.
- Add Signatures to Your Messages (Outlook Express and Netscape
Step by step instructions how to make Outlook Express and Netscape Messenger add a cute sig to every message you send.
- Use Outlook Express More Efficiently with Shortcuts
If you know the right keystrokes you can handle your email with Outlook Express more quickly than by sending your mouse round the pad.
- Mother's Day Greeting Cards Collection
Send sweet, cute, or funny greeting cards this Mother's Day to show and say your mom how much you love her.
- Attachments: an Introduction
You can send more with your email than just text.
- Senators Tackle Spam Again
Senators Frank Murkowski and Robert Torricelli have introduced another bill that tries to control spam. What would the proposed legislation mean to users?
03/08/99 - EUropeans Fight Against
As the European Union is trying to regulate commercial bulk with harmless measures email its citizens can sign a petition for effective anti-spam legislation.
- Give the Spammers' Harvesting Robots No Chance
How to make your email address available to visitors of your Web site without making it available to spammers.
- Happy99.exe: What It Does and How to Remove It
Find out how the Happy99.exe virus spreads across the Net, what it does to your computer -- and how to remove it.
- Web Mail's Malicious Exploitation
Using Web-based email, somebody can make you appear to be the sender of a message you did not author. Frightened?
01/25/99 - Subversive Email in China
China is showing anxiety as it tries to demonstrate that it will not tolerate any "subversive" use of the Internet and email, sentences an email dissident to 2 years in jail.
01/11/99 - Spam - 21: Anti-Spam
If we believe the legislative agenda of the House Commerce Committee then 1999 could be the year that spam was regulated by law.
- Managing Your eGroups Mailing List
How to manage your list like a pro: add and remove subscribers, edit their preferences and permissions or the list's, moderate the postings, and more.