The Bottom Line
- IzyMail Server lets you access web-based email accounts via POP and IMAP
- Offers full message and folder synchronization
- IzyMail Server supports Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL
- IzyMail Server prevents you from seeing ads
- Storage quota limit the amount of content that can be synchronized
- Accessing web-based email through IzyMail Server can be a bit slow
- IzyMail Server lets you access MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail and AOL email accounts via POP or IMAP.
- IzyMail Server works as a local proxy server providing POP, IMAP and SMTP services.
- Lets you make full use of your account's folders in any email client that supports IMAP.
- IzyMail Server allows you to use desktop anti-spam tools with web-based email accounts.
- Support for multiple users and simultaneous connections lets you use IzyMail Server flexibly.
- IzyMail Server supports Windows 2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - IzyMail Server 1.5 - Webmail to POP Tool
IMAP works like a charm with IzyMail Server: you can synchronize, create and delete messages and folders or move messages around between them, all seamlessly and comfortably in your MSN, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail or AOL account. Of course, accessing a web-based account through IzyMail Server is a bit slower than a dedicated IMAP account, but most of the time this doesn't matter.
In the long run it may matter that you're not seeing the ads that pay for the service, though. That's the problem with this kind of applications that exploit web-based email.