The Bottom Line
Hotmail Popper is no longer available.
- Hotmail Popper is a simple, no-fuss tool
- Lets you access Hotmail via POP reliably
- Hotmail Popper allows you to send mail, too
- Hotmail Popper does not work with free Hotmail accounts
- Cannot act as an IMAP server
- Hotmail Popper lets you retrieve emails from Hotmail via POP.
- Hotmail Popper works as a proxy between your email client and Hotmail.
- Retrieves messages form your Hotmail Inbox or all folders, optionally including "Junk Mail".
- Hotmail Popper supports outgoing mail, too.
- A X-header added by Hotmail Popper lets you filter mail by the Hotmail folder it originated from.
- Hotmail Popper can keep a detailed log of connection activity.
- Hotmail Popper supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP.
Guide Review - Hotmail Popper 3.0.2 - Hotmail to POP Tool
Requiring no configuration and working as a POP proxy, Hotmail Popper makes Hotmail available via POP in a no-frills and very useful manner. You can decide whether you want to retrieve only the Inbox, all mail folders (except for mail in "Sent Mail") or even the Junk Mail folder.
Hotmail Popper also supports outgoing mail, though it does not place copies of sent messages in the Hotmail "Sent Mail" folder. Now if Hotmail Popper could act as an IMAP interface to Hotmail it would be almost perfect.