The Bottom Line
- Spamihilator achieves a great spam detection rate by combining multiple strategies intelligently
- Working as a POP or IMAP proxy, Spamihilator can be used with any email client
- Spamihilator is elegant and easy to use
- Spamihilator does not offer remote web-based administration
- You cannot use Spamihilator to further classify and categorize (good) mail
- Spamihilator does not tag spam for further filtering
- Spamihilator is an anti-spam tool for POP and IMAP accounts, supports secure TLS/SSL connections.
- Spamihilator works seamlessly as a proxy between your email client and the mail server.
- Filtering spam before it enters your Inbox, Spamihilator can delete bad mail without downloading it.
- Detected spam can be browsed and read inside Spamihilator, and good mail can be recovered easily.
- Spamihilator uses scoring filters, black and white lists and a distributed registry of known spam.
- Additionally, Spamihilator can make use of Bayesian statistics and a link filter for a higher detection rate.
- Spamihilator keeps all recent mail for easy training of the adaptive filters.
- Spamihilator collects and displays daily statistics of detected spam.
- You can expand Spamihilator with plug-ins (mail announcement, additional filters, and more).
- Spamihilator supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista/7.
Guide Review - Spamihilator 0.9.9.52 - Free Spam Filter
Not overcrowded with features and settings but equipped with a neat interface, Spamihilator filters spam before it even reaches your email Inbox. It does so flexibly by working as a POP or IMAP proxy. (You can even use Spamihilator to access an IMAP account using POP and vice versa.)
Of course, it's easy to browse and recover accidentally deleted messages from Spamihilator's "Recycle bin". After you have trained the Bayesian filtering a bit via the easy to use "Training Area", this will hardly be necessary, though. Using its Bayesian filter and, optionally, the DCC (Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse), a real-time registry of known spam, Spamihilator will detect most spam automatically while leaving good mail alone.
It a pity that Spamihilator cannot mark detected spam for further filtering in the email client. More than two categories of mail for automatic classification would be nice, too.