The Bottom Line
- Spam Punisher is easy to use and swift
- Helps you complain about spam effectively
- Spam Punisher header parsing a tad too simple
- Should query abuse.net for abuse addresses
- Doesn't look for spamvertised sites
- Spam Punisher simplifies the process of sending complaints about spam.
- Parses email headers for IP addresses.
- Spam Punisher then tries to find out which IPs are forged.
- Spam Punisher lets you send a complaint to the appropriate abuse address easily.
- The Spam Punisher complaint email templates can be customized.
- Spam Punisher supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP.
Guide Review - Spam Punisher 2.4 - Spam Tracing Tool
SpamCop is a capable online tool that facilitates and almost automates the process. Spam Punisher tries to be a SpamCop for the desktop. It looks for IP addresses in Received: header lines, finds forged ones, and lets you send complaints to suggested email addresses.
Unfortunately, Spam Punisher's parsing is far less sophisticated than SpamCop's, it doesn't take the body into account, and querying abuse.net for the proper address for complaints would be nice, too. Unless SpamCop is busy or unavailable, it is the better solution.