The Bottom Line
VisNetic MailServer is a powerful and complete mail server that almost certainly has the right tool for your mail serving needs.
VisNetic MailServer is no longer available.
- Complete, powerful and reliable mail server
- Uses secure TLS/SSL connections by default
- VisNetic MailServer includes good virus protection
- VisNetic MailServer configuration a bit confusing
- VisNetic MailServer is a POP, IMAP, SMTP, WAP/Webmail and LDAP server.
- Security includes support for TLS/SSL, VisNetic AntiVirus plug-in and external virus scanners.
- Blocks spam using content filters, tarpitting, blackhole lists, anti-relaying features and more.
- Supports multiple domains and processors, and can connect to any ODBC-compliant database.
- Can back up vital data on a schedule, and a watchdog restarts servers automatically.
- VisNetic MailServer is fully configurable through a Web-based interface.
- VisNetic MailServer can fetch mail from POP accounts periodically and distribute it to local users.
- Support for automatic replies and mailing lists.
- VisNetic MailServer supports shared IMAP folders and IMAP rules to filter mail at the server.
- VisNetic MailServer supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP.
Guide Review - VisNetic MailServer 5.4.5 - Mail Server
VisNetic MailServer meets the foremost requirement for a mail server reliably: stability. By supporting secure TLS/SSL connections (enabled by default) and through internal as well as external virus scanners, VisNetic MailServer also meets the second requirement, security.
VisNetic MailServer is not a bad performer either. The memory file system in particular ensures speedy operation. With the large number of features and functionality (mailing lists, Web-based access and administration, dynamic IP address support, ODBC connectivity, and more) of VisNetic MailServer come a lot of options, and the configuration can be a bit confusing at first.
Once configured, VisNetic MailServer is a powerful, secure and reliable server.