The Bottom Line
- Magic Winmail Server is easy to install and set up
- Supports several anti-virus engines
- Can fetch mail from remote POP accounts
- Magic Winmail Server lacks IMAP, LDAP
- Lacks support for TLS/SSL connections
- No advanced spam filtering, throttling
- Magic Winmail Server is a POP and SMTP mail server including Web access.
- Supports multiple domains, can use NT authentication.
- Magic Winmail Server has an interface to include several anti-virus engines.
- Supports groups/mailing lists, can fetch mail from remote POP accounts.
- Several actions can be scheduled in Magic Winmail Server.
- Magic Winmail Server offers simple content filters and can filter against spam blacklists.
- Magic Winmail Server supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP.
Guide Review - Magic Winmail Server 2.3 - Mail Server
Magic Winmail Server is a simple server, but has almost all the essential features for a small workgroup or family. It even has rudimentary mailing list support, can use NT user authentication and includes useful and quite functional Web-based interface. Downloading mail from remote POP accounts and providing it for local users works like a snap, and configuring it is easy like most of Magic Winmail Server's administration.
It's a pity that Magic Winmail Server doesn't support TLS/SSL connections, and including an IMAP server would be great, too.