The Bottom Line
- Message Manager provides fast, accurate search
- Handy message trails and contact maintenance
- Auto-replies and mailing list
- Message Manager supports POP accounts only
- Non-standard, cluttered user interface
- Installation problems, hard-coded paths
- PowerThought Message Manager provides access the multiple POP email accounts.
- Includes content-based spam filters and some virus protection.
- All mail is kept in a database, allowing for fast and precise message searches.
- Message Manager keeps an audit trail of mail, can track obligations.
- Collects addresses automatically, keeps statistics and info about address book entries.
- Message Manager can reply to, file and forward messages automatically.
- Can summarize long messages and offers a speed reading environment.
- PowerThought Message Manager supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - PowerThought Message Manager Build 4584 - Email Program
A program that includes speed reading and a fast, flexible message search engine, can automatically summarize long messages, keeps your address book up to date, files and archives mail automatically, and backs up mail, too. PowerThought Message Manager implements these features in a more or less elaborate way, and some other gimmicks, too.
Unfortunately, Message Manager, a program that aims to help you concentrate on important mail comes with an ironically overloaded and non-standard interface. Text of different sizes, colors and fonts, buttons, tabs, and menus pop up unexpectedly and somewhat defeated Message Manager's laudable attempts for me.