The Bottom Line
- PocoMail Portable Edition has all the features of PocoMail
- Keeps settings and mail on a removable disk such as an USB stick
- PocoMail Portable Edition runs on just about any Windows system
- PocoMail Portable Edition needs a removable medium
- PocoMail standard works just as well
- PocoMail Portable Edition is a special version of PocoMail designed for use on removable media.
- Works on almost any Windows computer, even in Internet cafés.
- Supports Zip or PocketZip drives, CompactFlash or SD/MMC cards, Memory Stick and many other media.
- PocoMail Portable Edition keeps all settings, messages, and the address book on the removable disk.
- A special low-color default skin makes PocoMail PE look and work good on any monitor.
- Network Profiles make switching between multiple network configurations easy.
- PocoMail Portable Edition supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - PocoMail Portable Edition 3.4 - Email Program
This is the path taken by PocoMail Portable Edition, a complete copy of PocoMail with all its great features, adapted especially for use from removable media like Zip drives, CompactFlash cards or external USB drives. The main differences between standard PocoMail and the Portable Edition are a simpler default skin and the addition of network profiles that make switching between network environments easy.
All in all a great idea done well, but you can just as well use standard PocoMail for that purpose.