The Bottom Line
- Pegasus Mail excels with a myriad of powerful features
- Stable, secure and privacy conscious, Pegasus Mail helps you be safe online
- Pegasus Mail includes fine and easy to use Bayesian spam filtering
- Some of Pegasus Mail's many features could be more obvious and easier to access
- The message editor is powerful, but not perfect, search could be even faster
- Pegasus Mail does not include virtual folders or labels that would learn by example
- Pegasus Mail manages multiple POP and IMAP accounts, multiple identities and multiple users.
- Highly versatile and powerful filters as well as Bayesian spam filters and some phishing protection.
- Distribution lists and mail merge functionality allow easy bulk mailing in Pegasus Mail.
- Pegasus Mail lets you preview and filter messages directly at a remote POP server.
- Supports TLS/SSL, has built-in email encryption and can work with third-party security solutions.
- Messages can be grouped by thread, sender, date, and more criteria in Pegasus Mail.
- A powerful message editor offers both rich HTML and automatic plain text formatting.
- Pegasus Mail lets you create flexible message templates for canned replies.
- Public folders allow multiple users to share access to the same messages in Pegasus Mail.
- Pegasus Mail supports Windows 2000/3/XP/Vista/7.
Guide Review - Pegasus Mail 4.63 - Free Email Program
Pegasus Mail has one of the most flexible filtering and template systems found in any email client, it comes with an encryption engine for secure email built in and lets you set up mailing lists and newsletters using mail merging. A filter wizard helps you build rules from examples in a smart manner.
A well-integrated and precise Bayesian spam filter takes care of junk mail, and some explicit phishing protection alerts you when somebody tries to lead you to a dangerous web site.
With its many sensible tweaks, Pegasus Mail can help you get more efficient at handling email while still having a lot of fun. Even areas such as email management could be streamlined and improved a bit, though, with clear labels attached to messages instead of Pegasus Mail's link folders, for example, or index search in combination with smart virtual folders.