The Bottom Line
Courier is no longer available.
- Courier sports powerful filters and message templates
- Encryption and privacy consciousness make Courier a secure email program
- Courier offers speedy enough message search and labels for organization
- Courier's IMAP support is weak
- The message editor in Courier lacks reply formatting power
- Some interface/options cleanup would do Courier good
- Courier lets multiple users access multiple POP and IMAP email accounts.
- Versatile filters let you sort or forward mail in Courier, auto-reply and much more.
- Courier's message templates, powerful search and message labels help you handle email efficiently.
- To enhance security, Courier display all mail in plain text or using restrictive HTML.
- Courier allows you to set up mailing lists and send emails in bulk easily.
- Includes a simple "JunkJard" spam filter but also integrates with POPfile filtering.
- Courier supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - Courier 3.50 - Free Email Program
Courier, which builds on and expands Calypso, comes with many great features: flexible filters and templates, HTML-enabled but secure message viewing, the ability to set up mailing lists and, how wonderful to see this, POPfile integration for easy and effective junk mail filtering.
It's really a pity that Courier's IMAP support is not up to par with the quality of these features (it simply download all new mail). The message editor, too, has its problems. It can't rewrap (quoted) text and generally lacks power. Some interface and options cleanup (nobody should ever turn off MIME) would do Courier good as well.