The Bottom Line
- emailStripper is particularly easy to use
- Removes > characters reliably and thoroughly
- emailStripper joins broken lines, too
- emailStripper does not offer sophisticated text rewrapping
- You cannot configure emailStripper for your personal taste
- emailStripper makes it easy to rid forwarded emails of indentation characters (like '>').
- You can also remove unnecessary line breaks with emailStripper.
- emailStripper cleans emails in just three easy steps.
- emailStripper supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - emailStripper 2.2 - Email Cleanup Tool
Fortunately, you do not completely depend on your friend's mercy. Paste the message text into emailStripper, press Strip It! and within seconds you have a clean, easily legible message. EmailStripper removes indentation characters at the beginning of lines and joins lines to make neat paragraphs.
Unfortunately, emailStripper does not have any options to configure the cleanup process. Sure, it does a great job with its baked-in settings most of the time, but an option to break lines at a certain length would be great, for example.