The Bottom Line
- New Mail Notifier adds powerful new mail notification to Outlook
- Operate on mail right from New Mail Notifier
- New Mail Notifier offers simple filters and can make use of anti-spam tools
- New Mail Notifier can get annoying with lots of new messages
- More filtering options may be useful
- New Mail Notifier extends the functionality of Outlook with a new mail notification window.
- The new mail notification window shows sender, subject and part of the body of new incoming mail.
- Open the new mail, delete it, reply or forward it directly from the notification window.
- Optionally displays the total number of messages in the Inbox and how many of them are unread.
- New mail notification window can auto-hide and cycle through all new messages.
- New Mail Notifier can announce only mail from certain senders or ignore specific senders.
- Optionally ignores mail that is moved by an anti-spam tool and mail in certain Outlook folders.
- New Mail Notifier supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista and Outlook 2000/2/3/7.
Guide Review - New Mail Notifier 2.06 - Outlook Add-On
When new mail comes in, New Mail Notifier pops up an unobtrusive window displaying the sender, subject and part of the body of the new message. Not only do you know instantly what new mail has come in, but you can also operate on the message immediately from New Mail Notifier: opening the message, replying, forwarding and (most importantly) deleting all take only one click.
To make sure it doesn't annoy you, New Mail Notifier can announce only certain senders' mail and ignore messages filtered by anti-spam tools.