The Bottom Line
- MailBell offers content-based and spam filters
- Supports POP, IMAP, MAPI, Gmail and Windows Live Hotmail
- MailBell is simple, fast and resource-friendly
- MailBell doesn't support secure server connections
- MailBell's spam filters don't use statistics
- MailBell checks multiple email accounts for new messages periodically.
- Customizable notification windows and sounds for new messages.
- MailBell lets you preview and delete mail directly at the server.
- Content-based filters allow MailBell to handle message differently based on sender, body, and more.
- MailBell also comes with scoring spam filters to spot unwanted or suspicious bulk email.
- Detected spam can be deleted from the server. It is moved to a local folder and can be recovered.
- Supports POP, IMAP (with TLS/SSL), MAPI, MSN and a number of web-based email accounts.
- MailBell supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - MailBell 2.27 - Mail Checker
The simple, but quite effective scoring spam filters can also remove unwanted mail from the server automatically and save it in a Trash locally, from where they can be recovered easily. Of course, MailBell lets you preview and delete messages manually, too.
All in all, MailBell is a flexible and powerful yet easy to use mail checker.