The Bottom Line
- DEye offers rules to configure mail announcements
- Simple and solid
- DEye is limited to three rules
- Inconsistent, confusing interface
- No message preview
- DEye checks multiple POP accounts for new mail periodically.
- Announces new mail in system tray or via pop-up window.
- DEye can notify about mail or just messages matching filter criteria.
- Launch specified email client from within DEye.
- DEye supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - DEye 4.6 - Mail Checker
DEye checks up to eight POP accounts for new incoming messages periodically and will announce it via the system tray or a pop-up window (no sound, regrettably). You can even configure the mail announcements to some extent. Simple filters allow you to show only new mail from some people or with certain subjects, for example.
Unfortunately, only three of these filters can be set up. And while DEye can display who a message is from and what subject it has, there is no way to preview messages in full. You can easily launch your email client to do that, though.
All in all, DEye is a mail checker without spectacular features, DEye works quite reliably if it does all you need.