The Bottom Line
- Mail Commander offers mail merging and templates
- Flexible incoming mail processing and auto-replies
- Supports HTML formatting
- Mail Commander has no scripting
- Supports POP accounts only
- Cluttered interface needs polishing
- Mail Commander is a POP email client with bulk email capabilities.
- Filters sort mail and automate mailing list management (subscription, unsubscription, auto-replies).
- Mail Commander includes a multi-field address book and mail merging capabilities.
- Imports from and exports address book data to DBF files.
- Mail Commander supports plain text and HTML messages, includes a WYSIWYG HTML message editor.
- Mail Commander includes simple content-based spam filters.
- Mail Commander supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - Mail Commander 3.80 - Email Program
This is less of a problem (albeit not ideal) for a bulk email tool, and mail merging, a powerful message editor, incoming mail processing and an extensive address book make Mail Commander a viable tool for sending personalized messages in bulk.
Unfortunately, Mail Commander does not offer scripting, conditional text, or address validation, and you can't write back to the address book either. Mail Commander also lacks an internal SMTP sending engine, but for smaller projects it is maybe worth a try.