The Bottom Line
- Mach5 Mailer offers flexible mail merging and scripting
- Fast, controllable message delivery
- Mach5 Mailer is easy to use
- Mach5 Mailer lacks a WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Incoming mail processing could be easier to use
- Send bulk emails through external or fast internal SMTP server with Mach5 Mailer.
- Mach5 Mailer offers list filtering and a global exlusion list for precise targeting.
- Mach5 Mailer has flexible mail merging capabilities including conditional text.
- Compose messages using an HTML and plain text editor in Mach5 Mailer and preview them individually.
- Uses any ODBC-enabled database or comma-separated text file as list source.
- Mach5 Mailer includes PopMonger to process incoming POP mail and construct an exclusion list.
- Mach5 Mailer can write back to an external database from within a mailing.
- Mailings can be scheduled flexibly and Mach5 Mailer lets you control the delivery via throttling.
- Mach5 Mailer supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Mach5 Mailer 4.5 - Email Marketing Software
Most importantly, Mach5 Mailer provides very flexible mail merging including conditional text and optional scripting (using JScript, VBScript or PHP) support. Mach5 Mailer can even connect and write back to a database from within mailings.
The easy to use plain text and (not WYSIWYG, though) HTML editors makes composing personalized messages a snap, and the handy preview function lets you control the result before you mail. Mach5 Mailer also makes it easy to honor user preferences concerning the message format.
Message delivery works efficiently using either the internal high-speed SMTP engine (which can be throttled for fine-grained control) or (unfortunately only) one external server.
Mach5 Mailer's incoming mail processing happens in PopMonger and is very flexible as it can execute scripts on new mail. PopMonger could be more comfortable, though.