The Bottom Line
- Group Mail Free offers flexible mail merging options
- Lists can be filtered nicely in Group Mail Free
- Group Mail Free is easy to use and offers a powerful message editor
- Group Mail Free cannot process incoming mail and does not connect to external databases
- Lacking an internal SMTP engine, Group Mail Free must rely on your ISP's mail server
- Group Mail Free imposes a maximum of 100 recipients per mailing
- Group Mail Free send bulk emails through an external SMTP server (max. 100 recipients per sending).
- Powerful mail merge and list filtering capabilities provide flexible mailings in Group Mail Free.
- You can send plain text and HTML messages with international character support from Group Mail Free.
- Imports from comma-separated list or Windows/Outlook/Netscape/AOL address books.
- Group Mail Free supports custom headers and keeps detailed logs.
- Plug-ins are available that deliver mail through Outlook or any MAPI compliant email client.
- Integration with GroupMetrics makes tracking open and click rates in a comprehensive manner easy.
- Group Mail Free supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Group Mail Free 5.2 - Free Email Marketing Software
Group Mail Free has them, and it has powerful list filtering for further targeting, too. These excellent personalization tools are at the heart of an almost complete bulk email package. The only major feature missing is incoming mail handling to automate bounced mail processing, for example. Apart from that, Group Mail Free is well equipped.
Group Mail Free is very easy to use and always guides you to the right next step, which might be creating a template in the powerful HTML editor, setting up a group or specifying a filter to control who gets the message. With all the advanced features of Group Mail Free, this usually leads to excellent and professional-looking output — at a price that's hard to beat.
Of course, a number of advanced features are missing from the basic Group Mail package, most prominently direct-to-recipient mail delivery and database connectivity.