The smart latter method has the advantage of keeping the original message intact and forwarding it in full to the recipient of your forward. They can then deal with it and reply to the original sender easily, as if they had received the message in the first place.
The disadvantage of forwarding mail as an attachment with The Bat! is that you share all the email addresses in the original message by default. You can eliminate this problem by taking some extra steps.
Forward a Message as an Attachment with The Bat!
To forward a message as an attachment with The Bat!:
- Open the message (either in the preview pane or in its own window).
- Select Specials | Alternative Forward from the menu.
- Address and edit the message.
- In addition to attaching the original mail to the new message, The Bat! also includes it inline in the body. You can safely delete this redundant text.
- Finally, press the Send the letter button to deliver your forward.
Of course, forwarding messages inline with The Bat! is not difficult either.