There's one catch, however: since SpamWeed comes pretrained it does not know what newsletters I receive. Fortunately, taking precaution is easy. To make sure SpamWeed doesn't think they're spam you can whitelist the newsletter sender easily.
For example, I have whitelisted the "about.com" domain to prevent SpamWeed from ever interfering with the About newsletters I have subscribed.
To make sure SpamWeed doesn't think newsletters are spam:
- Select White List from the SpamWeed sidebar.
- Make sure the Senders column is selected by clicking in it.
- Click the New Item button.
- Alternatively, press Ctrl-N.
- Type the email address or domain name you want to whitelist.
- To whitelist all About newsletters type "about.com".
- Hit Return.