The Bottom Line
- FilterMy.com is particularly simple, easy to use
- Catches a very good deal of spam
- FilterMy.com filters for viruses, too
- FilterMy.com filters not transparent, configurable
- Works only with POP accounts
- FilterMy.com filters POP email accounts for spam and viruses.
- FilterMy.com periodically checks your account and deletes all spam and viruses it detects.
- If you connect to your mail server, you download only the good mail left untouched by FilterMy.com.
- Optionally, a filtered FilterMy.com POP account and webmail access are available.
- A daily email informs you about the messages held in quarantine by FilterMy.com.
- From this summary, it is easy to recover false positives.
Guide Review - FilterMy.com - Spam Filtering Service
At periodic intervals, FilterMy.com scans your mailbox, removing all detected spam and viruses. Optionally, you can get POP access to your filtered mail through a dedicated account and via a useful web interface.
Usually, FilterMy.com's decisions concerning what is spam are pretty accurate, but if the inevitable false positive strikes, you can recover the message easily using a daily report of filtered mail. All in all, FilterMy.com is a really easy to use way to get rid of spam.