The Bottom Line
Aliencamel is currently not available.
- Aliencamel is highly effective against spam with one of the most simple yet smartest approaches
- Ranking by spaminess and disposable addresses can practically rule out false positives
- Aliencamel offers unlimited online storage and web-based as well as IMAP and POP access
- Aliencamel fetches mail only from one existing email account
- Spam sent from a whitelisted address gets through
- Aliencamel offers only five disposable email addresses
- Aliencamel is an email service that provides accounts filtered for spam and viruses.
- Aliencamel can retrieve and filter mail from an existing (POP) account periodically.
- Only mail from authorized senders is allowed through to your Inbox.
- Messages from new senders are put in a "Pending" folder, and you get a summary of this pending mail.
- Using scoring and Bayesian filtering, Aliencamel suggests what to do with pending messages.
- Aliencamel not only backs up all mail, you also get emergency access through a separate data center.
- You can whitelist single addresses, domains and mailing lists, and import your email address book.
- Mail from known senders can be filtered to folders automatically by Aliencamel.
- Aliencamel lets you create up to five disposable email address aliases.
- Aliencamel is accessible via POP, IMAP and the web.
Guide Review - Aliencamel - Spam Filtering and Email Account Service
Only mail from authorized senders is allowed to your Aliencamel Inbox. So far, so well-known. But Aliencamel is no service that forces new senders to authorize by responding to what is often only too aptly named "a challenge". You can and have to whitelist them all yourself.
Isn't this a lot of work, and don't you have to go through all the spam anyway? No, because Aliencamel filtering to suggest what to do with pending mail. Thanks to scoring and personally trained Bayesian statistics, the suggestions are surprisingly good.
Comprehensive virus scanning comes as an additional bonus, and Aliencamel allows you to create up to five disposable addresses. Mail to these addresses always gets through (useful for Bccing yourself without having to whitelist yourself, for example), but it's easy to disable a disposable address if it gets in the hands of spammers.
Aliencamel IMAP access is a joy to use and recommended, but POP is also available, and you can always check your Aliencamel account via the web-based interface.
There's also a special kick to using Aliencamel: you get unlimited storage for truly all the emails you want to keep.
Though the web interface and searching archived mail could improve, it is difficult to praise this once-and-for all email account too much.