The Bottom Line
- Radio UserLand makes posting about news convenient
- Can send aggregated news via email
- Auto-deletes old news
- Radio UserLand has no way of organizing news
- No searching, flagging and archiving
- Inflexible update schedule
- Radio UserLand aggregates RSS feeds hourly and displays them via a web interface.
- Lets you post to your Radio UserLand blog instantly, quoting a news item.
- News can be read per channel or as one big page in Radio UserLand.
- Additionally, Radio UserLand can send new items in an email.
- Radio UserLand can automatically delete old news.
- Radio UserLand supports Windows 98/NT/2000/XP and Mac OS 7.5.5 - X.
Guide Review - Radio UserLand 8.0
As an RSS feed reader, Radio UserLand is rather pathetic... if it was not for a setting hidden in the preferences that can prove quite useful. Radio UserLand can pick the latest news and mail them to any email address as they are fetched. Unfortunately, it packs all items in one message instead of mailing them individually.
Still, if you're looking for an RSS to mail gateway, Radio UserLand can do the job (and let you blog).