The Bottom Line
- Mail Password Recovery uses a simple concept to retrieve forgotten email passwords
- Works with any email program
- Mail Password Recovery supports POP email accounts only
- Can only retrieve passwords that are sent in plain text
- Using Mail Password Recovery requires some configuration work
- Mail Password Recovery can retrieve passwords for email accounts saved in email programs.
- You need to make the email client talk to Mail Password Recovery instead of the mail server.
- Mail Password Recovery then captures and displays user name and password.
- Mail Password Recovery supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - Mail Password Recovery 1.1 - Email Password Recovery Tool
It's a simple and effective process, but unfortunately a couple of conditions must be met for it to work: you must use a POP account (maybe your email client lets you switch to POP without having to re-enter your password) and the password must be sent in plain text (which is usually the case still).
If it works, Mail Password Recovery is a simple if not particularly comfortable way to grab your forgotten email passwords.