The Bottom Line
- Mail PassView shows account details and passwords
- Supports a good deal of email clients and web-based email services
- Mail PassView is simple and easy to use
- Mail PassView doesn't work with all email programs
- Mail PassView extracts email account information from multiple email clients and email services.
- Details shown by Mail PassView include server address, user name, password and account type.
- Mail PassView works with Outlook, Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Eudora, IncrediMail and Group Mail Free.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is also supported, as are Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Hotmail via their notifiers.
- Account information can be saved to plain text or HTML files.
- Mail PassView supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP/Vista.
Guide Review - Mail PassView 1.38 - Email Password Recovery Tool
What, though, if you need your password to configure your email account in another program? You're out of luck, it seems: the original email program only shows "***" as your password. Fortunately, there's Mail PassView.
Mail PassView extracts and displays not only your password, but all the essential email account info (including your user name, the server name, account type and email address). It's a pity that this really useful tool does not work with all email clients, but if yours is one of those supported by Mail PassView you can safely forget your email password.