The Bottom Line
- GoPOP allows you to access emails in Outlook via POP from anywhere
- Lets you read mail in any folder
- GoPOP supports APOP authentication
- GoPOP doesn't provide IMAP access
- Requires a static IP and a permanent connection on the host computer
- GoPOP doesn't support secure TLS/SSL connections
- GoPOP turns your Outlook into a POP server.
- Access mail in your Outlook Inbox (after it has been downloaded and filtered) from any computer.
- Optionally, GoPOP can provide access to mail in any folder.
- Supports APOP authorization, which is more secure than plain text passwords.
- GoPOP supports Windows ME/NT/2000/XP and Outlook 2000/2/3.
Guide Review - GoPOP 1.0 - Outlook Add-On
The solution would be your own mail server, but that's overkill, right? Wrong.
With GoPOP you can turn Outlook into a small, but quite powerful POP server. GoPOP lets you access mail in any Outlook folder from anywhere using any email client.
All you need is a static IP address and a permanent connection. Let Outlook check and filter mail periodically, and access the important messages from anywhere without regrets.
Unfortunately, GoPOP can not act as an IMAP server, which would provide even more power and comfort.