Hide the Recipients in Messages to a Pegasus Mailing List
To make Pegasus Mail suppress the email addresses of list members in messages to a mailing list:
- Select Addresses | Distribution lists... from the menu.
- Highlight the desired list in the list of lists.
- Click Settings....
- Enter a descriptive name and your email address in the To: field field (under List addressing settings).
- Make sure the To: field has the following format: "Descriptive List Name <your email address>" (without the quotation marks).
- I have a list with the following To: field, for example: "C++ Announce <firstname.lastname@example.org>" (again, without the quotation marks).
- Click OK.
This makes Pegasus Mail list exactly what you entered in the To: field in the To: field of any message to the list while hiding the individual members' email addresses. They, too, will only see the descriptive list name (and maybe your address) in the emails they receive.