The Bottom Line
- Junk-Out has a very high spam detection rate
- Uses advanced Bayesian statistical analysis
- Junk-Out is easy to use yet highly configurable
- Junk-Out filtering can be slow and resource hungry
- Doesn't fully recognize international languages
- More advanced Bayesian filtering engines than Junk-Out's exist
- Junk-Off is a spam filtering plug-in for Outlook.
- Junk-Off uses Bayesian statistics to determine spam and learns with every message.
- Additionally, a number of special filters work to avoid spammers fooling the Bayesian filtering.
- Detected spam is moved to a special folder by Junk-Off, can be expired automatically.
- Junk-Off includes a list of friends whose mail is never spam, tracks who you mail frequently.
- Pro version allows you to fine-tune the Bayesian filtering, add custom filters, bounce spam.
- Integrates fully with Outlook, adds spam statistics to mail info, try icon mail announcements.
- Junk-Out supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000 and Outlook 2000/2002.
Guide Review - Junk-Out 1.16 - Microsoft Outlook Spam Filter
Filtering spam can also be a highly configurable matter, though, with Junk-Out's pro version. It gives you full control of the filtering process, when to expire spam, whether to bounce it back, and much more. Junk-Out also adds a useful tray icon and even more useful statistical info to messages (you can even have the analysis broken down to individual words).
Junk-Out's only drawback is its hunger for system resources, and it could handle international languages better.