Turn Any Email into Stationery
Save any Email as EML Stationery in Windows Mail or Outlook Express
To use any message as stationery for your emails in Windows Mail or Outlook Express:
- Highlight the message in the Windows Mail or Outlook Express mailbox summary.
- Select File | Save As... from the menu.
- Choose Mail (*.eml) as the format.
- Give your new stationery a descriptive name.
- Click Save.
- Now open the .eml file in a text editor (Notepad will do fine).
- add the following line at the top of the file:
- Make sure "X-Unsent: 1" (without the quotes) is on a line of its own.
- Save the file and close the editor.
Make sure you remember the folder to which you saved the new stationery. I recommend using the same folder that you use for your other EML stationery.
That's it, now you can use your new stationery for fascinating new emails in Windows Mail or Outlook Express.
Re-Send Email Messages in Outlook Express
If you save a message from your Sent Items folder as an .eml file, you can re-send the email by double-clicking and sending the .eml file in Outlook Express.
In Windows Mail, you can treat these messages as above.
EML Stationery Not Working?
If you have Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express (911567) installed, make sure you also get and enable the KB918766 package for .eml stationery to work. After installing the update, you can use this registry file to set the necessary values: Select Run... from the Start menu, type "regedit" and click OK. Now select File | Import... from the menu in Registry Editor and open zenable_eml_stationery.reg.