Save as Stationery Versus Save as EML
Unfortunately, the File | Save as Stationery... command in Outlook Express doesn't always exactly what you suppose, and it's a bit clumsy to use, too. Fortunately, there's another, easier way to save an email as stationery in Outlook Express: saving it as an EML stationery.
Save a New Message as EML Stationery in Outlook Express
To save a message you are currently creating in Outlook Express as EML stationery:
- Select File | Save As... from the message's menu.
- Choose Mail (*.eml) as the format.
- Give your new stationery a descriptive name.
- Now Save it to a folder where you will readily find it for later use.
- Maybe such a place is where you keep your other stationery in EML format.
That's it! You have just created a new stationery, ready to be used for wonderful emails in Outlook Express.
Note that you can also save incoming messages as EML stationery.
EML Stationery Not Working?
If you have Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express (911567) installed, make sure you also get and enable the KB918766 package for .eml stationery to work. After installing the update, you can use this registry file to set the necessary values: Select Run... from the Start menu, type "regedit" and click OK. Now select File | Import... from the menu in Registry Editor and open zenable_eml_stationery.reg.