The Bottom Line
- Whej OE Archiver is easy to use
- Saves mail as universally accessible HTML
- Many archive templates available
- Whej OE Archiver can't restore mail
- Importing in any email program difficult
- Archived mail can only be browsed, not used
- Whej Outlook Express Archiver is a companion to Outlook Express that lets you archive mail easily.
- Messages and attachments are saved in HTML format and can be opened in any Web browser.
- Optionally, Whej Outlook Express Archiver also saves messages as .eml files to ensure integrity.
- Many different themes are available to make the email archive look great for you.
- Whej Outlook Express Archiver supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and Outlook Express 5/6.
Guide Review - Whej Outlook Express Archiver 1.34 - Outlook Express Archiving Tool
In an easy step by step process you can export your messages and attachments to HTML format and open them in any browser. That's a nice way to archive mail, and the many different color schemes make it even nicer. Unfortunately, such an HTML archive has problems, too: it's not easily searchable, you can't work with the messages, and importing such an archive to any email program is a pain (if not impossible).
Whej Outlook Express Archiver can also save the individual messages as .eml files to ensure their integrity and make re-importing them to Outlook Express possible, but it's still not a smooth ride.