The Bottom Line
- R-Mail recovers damaged Outlook Express mailboxes
- Also recovers individual deleted messages
- R-Mail is easy to use
- R-Mail does not save recovered dbx files
- R-Mail recovers mail from damaged dbx files (where Outlook Express 5 and later store mail).
- Also recovers messages deleted by accident.
- Recovered messages can be exported as eml files and later re-imported to Outlook Express.
- Messages can be read in R-Mail or opened directly in Outlook Express.
- R-Mail supports Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and Outlook Express 5/6.
Guide Review - R-Mail 1.5 - Outlook Express Recovery Tool
R-Mail can recover damaged dbx files in many cases and lets you export the retrieved mail in eml format, which is easy to re-import into Outlook Express later.
Unfortunately, R-Mail cannot save a repaired dbx file directly. Another familiar scenario is the accidentally deleted message. These, too, can be undeleted with R-Mail in most cases. A demo version of R-Mail is available, so you can give it a try and see if it can bring back the messages you believed lost.