The Bottom Line
- HideOE lets you check mail, create messages with Outlook Express hidden
- HideOE minimizes Outlook Express to the Windows system tray
- You can have HideOE announce new emails, too
- HideOE doesn't allow you to check only one account
- New mail notification through HideOE does not offer message info
- HideOE could make even more features available via the try icon
- HideOE can minimize Outlook Express to the Windows system tray and hide it from the taskbar.
- One click on the HideOE try icon restores Outlook Express.
- From the HideOE context menu, you can check mail or create messages and contacts.
- HideOE can announce new messages in a pop-up window.
- HideOE supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/3/XP and requires Outlook Express 5/6.
Guide Review - HideOE 1.1.1 - Outlook Express Add-On
HideOE adds an icon to your system tray that makes exactly these features available easily and can minimize Outlook Express to this icon, too. To answer the question: it is immensely useful. HideOE even adds a more sophisticated way of announcing new mail.
It's just a pity that it doesn't provide sender and subject info in that pop-up, and some more features reachable from the icon might be nice, too.