The Bottom Line
- MozBackup backs up Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla SeaMonkey profiles reliably
- Using a step by step wizard, MozBackup is easy to use
- MozBackup cannot be scheduled easily
- Backups created with MozBackup cannot be compressed
- MozBackup lets you back up and restore profiles from Mozilla Thunderbird and other Mozilla apps.
- MozBackup backups can include settings, emails, the address book, bookmarks, cookies and more.
- Backup and restoration happen via a step by step wizard in MozBackup.
- MozBackup supports windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/3/XP.
Guide Review - MozBackup 1.4.7 - Mozilla Thunderbird Backup Tool
To back up all this vital data for a case of emergency, you just have to copy your profiles' directories to a backup location. Or you take the much faster, more comfortable and flexible route and use MozBackup.
You can define flexibly which parts of your profile you want to include (even extensions are supported) in MozBackup, the resulting backup is just one file, and restoring from the backup is easy.
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to schedule regular backups with MozBackup.