If you routinely label mail from your daughter as "private", and messages from your server going down, as much as you'd love to ignore them, are "important", why not leave this routine labeling to Mozilla? Using mail filters, you can combine flexible conditions with any label and open your Mozilla Thunderbird Inbox to a pre-classified and thus more efficient experience.
To use filters to label messages in Mozilla Thunderbird, Netscape or Mozilla:
- Select Tools | Message Filters... from the menu.
- Click New....
- Specify your criteria under For incoming messages that:.
- Make sure Label the message: is checked under Perform these actions:.
- Select the desired label.
- Click OK.
- Close the Message Filters window.