The Bottom Line
- Listrak offers a rich HTML editor, flexible profiling, and powerful mail merging
- You can track openings, links and message forwarding
- Listrak manages your list and deals with bounces as well as unsubscription requests
- Listrak lacks scripting or conditional text for further personalization
- More message templates would be nice
- Listrak is a fully featured email marketing and newsletter service provider.
- Import addresses from text files, enter them directly or use advanced signup forms on your site.
- Listrak offers flexible user profiling via forms and by tracking purchases.
- Powerful mail merging with default value support and addressee segmentation for personalization.
- Listrak tracks open rates and clicks. Integration with Google Analytics links conversion rates and web stats to recipients.
- Listrak supports both plain text and HTML messages (WYSIWYG editor included) as well as attachments.
- List management includes bounce handling, global suppression lists and honoring Hotmail or AOL recipients clicking "Spam".
Guide Review - Listrak 3.3 - Email Marketing Service
Listrak's strength is where email marketing has its great potential: personalization. Listrak offers highly flexible user profiling via forms and usage tracking, and provides powerful mail merge functionality. Of course, a one-on-one marketer is never satisfied, and features like conditional text or scripting would be great.
Personalization is complemented by link and email forward tracking, and extensive reports. Of course, Listrak deals with delivery failures smartly and helps you avoid spam filters by computing a junk score before you send a message. Listrak even reports to you when people click the "Spam" button in AOL or Hotmail instead of unsubscribing — and removes the recipient globally.
When it comes to editing your messages, Listrak supports both plain text and HTML, the latter with a fully fledged WYSIWYG editor and a few templates. Listrak does not generate a plain text alternative automatically, though, and a few more templates might be nice.