The Bottom Line
- Nisus Email can use word processor editing power
- Uses Mac OS Finder to manage archived emails
- Nisus Email is flexible, easy and fun to use
- Nisus Email supports POP accounts only
- Should work as OS X Service
- Nisus Email's filters lack power
- Nisus Email lets you manage multiple POP accounts.
- Compose messages in Nisus, or use any editor or word processor and send mail via text drag-and-drop.
- Nisus Email lets you send attachments via drag-and-drop, too.
- Messages can be read in Nisus Email or in any other application.
- Mailboxes and messages correspond to folders and files on the disk, easily navigable with Finder.
- Nisus Email can filter incoming mail to specific mailboxes automatically.
- Nisus Email supports Mac OS 8.5/9/Mac OS X.
Guide Review - Nisus Email 1.6.1 - Email Program
Nisus Email is, essentially, a tiny floating window. To send a message, or an attachment, you simply drag text or files on that window, select a recipient and off goes the mail. It that easy, and you can use your favorite editor or word processor to create emails.
All messages are kept as separate files in folders that you can browse with Finder. This flexible approach comes with its own set of problems (moving messages takes a lot of time, for example), and Nisus Email only supports POP accounts, unfortunately.
All in all an interesting and flexible approach, though it may not be everybody's taste.