The Bottom Line
- MaxBulk Mailer supports flexible mail merging using variables and conditional text
- A WYSIWYG HTML editor makes crafting and previewing messages easy in MaxBulk Mailer
- MaxBulk Mailer can track message views and click-throughs
- MaxBulk Mailer comes with only meager documentation
- No internal SMTP engine for fast direct message delivery
- Send bulk emails through external SMTP servers fast with MaxBulk Mailer.
- Personalize messages using flexible mail merging including custom tags and conditional text.
- Support for plain text and HTML (includes simple WYSIWYG HTML editor), arbitrary header lines.
- You can track opening rates as well as click-throughs using MaxBulk Mailer and a server-side addition.
- MaxBulk Mailer offers detailed SMTP logs and delivery reports as well as scheduled delivery and can throttle message output.
- You can preview messages and send test emails easily.
- MaxBulk Mailer imports addresses from MySQL/PostgreSQL databases and email client address books.
- MaxBulk Mailer can use a list maintained on your web server, and a web interface lets you remote control key features.
- eMail Bounce Handler extracts bouncing email addresses from incoming mail.
- MaxBulk Mailer supports Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X.
Guide Review - MaxBulk Mailer 8.4 - Email Marketing Application
MaxBulk Mailer is well equipped for this crucial task. You can insert not only standard tags (like name and email address) but also up to ten custom fields. IF statements further personalize mailings.
A WYSIWYG HTML editor with support for inline images and plain text alternatives plus the great option to send web pages makes creating rich campaigns a snap. You can even have MaxBulk Mailer create different emails containing different images for different recipients, and per-recipient preview gives you a quick impression of what you are about to send.
Happy with a design, you can save it as a message template for future use. Happy with a passage, you can save it as a text snippet for future use, too. Whether recipients were happy, too, MaxBulk Mailer can help you find out with open and click-through tracking.
This as well as automated list management is done with the help of a server-side companion program. MacBulk Mailer also offers a web interface that lets you control some aspects, such as managing recipients and viewing click-through data.
MaxBulk Mailer is easy to use, but a bit more detailed documentation would be helpful. It's also a pity MaxBulk Mailer does not include an SMTP server.
All in all MaxBulk Mailer is a great, solid and flexible program, however.