KMail is a wonderfully secure and privacy-conscious email client. It doesn't display the HTML part of emails by default, for example. For those newsletters that you like to read in fancy HTML and that you know won't do any harm this security feature can be a bit tedious, though. Fortunately, KMail provides a comfortable way to have your newsletters shown in full HTML glory by default while not compromising security.
You can make messages in one folder be displayed in HTML by default. Combine this with a filter that moves all newsletters to that folder, and you've got the best of both worlds.
To prefer HTML display for mail in a certain folder in KMail:
- Select the folder in the folder list.
- Select Folder from the KMail menu.
- Make sure Prefer HTML to Plain Text is checked.
- If you can't see a checkbox next to Prefer HTML to Plain Text click the item.
- Otherwise, if the menu item is already checked, close the menu without making any changes.