The Bottom Line
- My Way Mail offers free, 1000 MB email accounts that include a calendar and task list, too
- A rich, desktop-like interface makes My Way Mail comfortable to use
- You can download mail from external POP accounts into My Way Mail
- My Way Mail places ads in outgoing messages
- You cannot access My Way Mail using POP or IMAP, or have it forward to another address
- My Way Mail's lacks labels and smart folders
- My Way Mail offers free integrated web-based email, calendaring and task management.
- My Way Mail offers 1000 MB of online mailbox space.
- My Way Mail includes a spam filter, and custom filters can sort messages or forward them automatically.
- An out-of-office auto-responder can reply for you while you're away from email.
- My Way Mail lets you check external POP accounts.
Guide Review - My Way Mail - Free Email Service
My Way Mail provides the former and lacks the latter. My Way Mail comes with a desktop-like interface that could be faster in places and has quirks here and there but functions well overall — not only for email but also for the calendar and task management combined with My Way Mail.
A "My Day" page aggregates news, new emails, tasks and alerts neatly. Better integration between email and the other modules would be nice, though; to turn emails into tasks easily, for example.
Naturally, My Way Mail offers folders and filters (including an out-of-office auto-responder) to organize your mail. It lacks labels, though, and filters that learn automatically. The solid spam filter presumably does, of course.
My Way Mail lets you compose emails and replies using rich formatting. Unfortunately, it lacks templates — but places ads in the emails you send.