The Bottom Line
FastMail is a great email service with IMAP access, useful features, and a stellar web interface.
FastMail could offer a tad more storage space included with its basic plans.
- FastMail offers elegant, powerful and flexible web-based access to email
- IMAP access is included, too
- You can retrieve other email account's mail and send emails from any address
- FastMail does not offer labels or smart folders to organize mail
- Countless configuration options and things to do present a learning curve
- FastMail lacks a calendar and task manager or integration with third-party services
- FastMail offers email accounts with 100 MB to 60 GB mailbox size and IMAP access.
- The fast and highly customizable web interface can compete with many an email program. Keyboard shortcuts make it fast.
- FastMail makes it easy to write both plain-text and rich HTML emails properly.
- You can create flexible custom filters and vacation auto-replies in FastMail.
- FastMail also includes basic protection from spam and viruses. Paid accounts use personal Bayesian filtering.
- Counteracting phishing attempts, FastMail disables links that can be identified as misleading.
- You can collect mail from other POP accounts and send messages using their addresses right from FastMail.
- FastMail includes a fully featured address book as well as file hosting and a notebook (but no calendar).