To be prepared for this worst case, it's a good idea to keep a backup copy of your Eudora address book somewhere.
Back Up or Copy Your Eudora for Windows Address Book
To create a backup copy of your Eudora address book:
- Open your Eudora folder in Windows Explorer first.
- Highlight the file named "NNdbase.txt" and the "Nickname" folder.
- If you also want to back up or copy the auto-complete addresses not in your Eudora address book, highlight "History.lst" as well.
- Choose File | Copy from the menu.
- Now open the folder where you want to put the backup copy in Explorer
- Select Edit | Paste from the menu.
That's all there is to backing up your Eudora address book in a safe place. Now your backup copy is ready to be recovered when you need it.