Back Up or Copy Eudora for Windows Mailbox Files
To make backup copies of your Eudora mailboxes:
- Go to your Eudora folder in Windows Explorer.
- Highlight all files with the extension ".mbx", the file "descmap.pce" as well as all folders with names ending in ".fol".
- Select Edit | Copy from the menu to copy the files and folders.
- Now go to the folder where you want to keep the backup copy of your Eudora mailbox files.
- Preferrably, this folder is on another hard disk, a DVD, a network drive, ZIP drive or other remote medium.
- Select Edit | Paste from the menu.
That's it, your backup copies are ready — ready to be recovered when you need them.