Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person.
I encourage you to write me personally about any comments, hunches, insights, problems and questions you have. I love reading your messages and appreciate your writing in.
Due to the high email volume I may, alas, not be able to respond to you — however much I'd love to.
Thanks for understanding, and please don't let that discourage you from writing. Every message is important and helps me understand what moves or irks you.
I go through my mail on, roughly, a daily basis — unless, of course, I'm on a holiday exploring the depths of the world, myself or a cleaning bucket.
If you do not hear from me within that time and (or or) need an answer right now, try posting to the forum. The forum is, naturally and at any time, also a fine place to have fun and enjoy company. Speaking of company, you can meet other About Email readers at the About.com Email Facebook page and write on a wall, too, if that's your thing.
- What is the fastest way to get email help? Can I reach you via IM?
- If you cannot find a solution on the About Email site, you can post to the forum, a generally fun and fast place to be.
Interruptive messaging is too instantaneous for me, sorry. I'd have no time writing replies to emails.
- I have found a typo or factual error on the site. Can I let you know?
- Please do so!
I'm very grateful for any errors you spot and report, and other readers will profit, too. Thanks a lot for your sharp eye and mind, and for taking the time to find out how to get in touch!
If possible, please include the URL — the string in your browser's address bar starting, typically, with "http://email.about.com/".
- I have a product, service, site or article of interest to you and your readers. What can I do?
- I'm happy to take a look at what you have to offer. Thanks much in advance not only for your letting me know but also for the great product. You're awesome!
Find ways to successfully promote your product, site or service to savvy email users in the About.com Media Kit.
- I am or will be in or around Vienna, Austria. Any way to get in touch?
- By all means: please let me know!
We may be able to entertain some diversions, devour a cup of tea, do email training, or go for a hike.
- Should I do or read anything before mailing you?
- Good you asked. "Kant's Transcendental Deductions" (compare prices) is required reading, and I assume you are acquainted well with Heidegger (compare prices). Extra points for French deconstructivists.
No, I wouldn't make anybody read Förster. But do read Kant himself, of course, at your leisure.
Ah, yes. The question. It would be great, of course, if you browsed and searched (box in the top right corner) the site. I love to hear from you either way, though!
- Anything else?
- I love comments to blog posts. You can leave your thoughts directly there or, of course, email me.
If you email me, I also enjoy learning something about you. Anything goes!
- Now, what's your email address?